Essential Eligibility Criteria for Raft Guides
To become a Hard Water Sports whitewater rafting guide all of the following requirements must be met;
- CPR / first aid certified, current certification required
- Swiftwater rescue trained, completion of the Hard Water Sports swiftwater rescue course or equivalent.
- Previous experience as a rafting guide or completion of the Hard Water Sports Raft Guide Day-Class.
- 10 plus hours of river time on the Kettle River (our home river)
- river guides must be at least 18 years of age.
To be a guide for Hard Water Sports also requires a positive attitude. We are looking for team players, someone who is willing to go above and beyond for the clients and company.
- Raft guides are required to have their own equipment -pfd, helmet, wet-suits, splash jackets, and booties. Throw bag, knife and first aid kit.
- All guide candidates are required to have taken a Swift Water Rescue and Awareness course through Hard Water Sports or an equivalent class on river hazards and rescue.
As a white water river rafting guide your responsibilities include:
- Gear maintenance and repair
- Greeting clients, assisting clients to fit helmets and lifejackets
- Pre-trip safety speach to clients
for more information on Minnesota Raft Guide Training